Benefits of a Sail Caribbean Marine Biology Camp
Protect the Endangered
Learn it, Apply it
Visit Amazing Places
Think & Act Like a Scientist
Discover a Life Path
Better Our World
Why are so many young people interested in marine biology? Because they are curious and adventurous. They are explorers looking for fascinating frontiers. And, there is nothing on our planet more expansive or interesting than the oceans. Sail Caribbean tropical marine biology camps present opportunities to help satisfy a thirst for knowledge. Marine biology camps help students to find new challenges and to accomplish personal goals. Along the way, many participants realize that there are a number of unexpected benefits to Sail Caribbean marine biology summer programs.
Marine biologists are stewards of the oceans. Sail Caribbean marine biology camps give students a unique perspective on ocean life. Our camps are equipped with unique classrooms – catamaran sailing yachts.
- Protect the Endangered – Living onboard a boat means everyone is in very close proximity to the natural wonders and fascinating creatures that make their home below the waves. Having the motivation to protect the endangered is a natural reaction to living on the water. Taking full advantage of that drive to protect the endangered, students monitor coral reefs, learn about the threats of invasive species, catch and tag sea turtles, and Dive Against Debris that is harmful to ocean life.
- Learn it, Apply it – Sail Caribbean marine biology camps are located in the British Virgin Islands, the perfect tropical environment to conduct studies. It’s an outdoor laboratory for those who want to take real action and apply what they learn by putting science into practice.
- Visit Amazing Places – Look around in the BVI and you’ll see more than 50 islands, lush green mountainsides, and sunny blue skies. Looking down you find meadows of seagrass, thick mangroves with tangles of roots, and lovely beds of coral – all homes for colorful tropical fish and a myriad of sea creatures. Exploring the ecological bounty of this land is one of the many Sail Caribbean challenges.
- Prestigious Affiliations – Networking starts here. Sail Caribbean marine biology staff members are outstanding mentors and educators who have gone on to accomplish great things. They bring environmental awareness with them wherever they go and help others connect with leading conservation organizations.
- Think & Act Like a Scientist – Start thinking methodically and ask the questions, analyze the situations, collect and submit the data. Contributions will be shared and used by a worldwide network of scientists involved in fascinating studies that will have positive impacts toward the preservation of fragile ecosystems.
- Discover a Life Path – Whatever you do in life, make sure that you learn and do what you love. People who are excited about what they are doing generally succeed in big ways. Steve Jobs said, “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” You are never too young to start building a background that morphs into the first stepping stone on a path you’ll travel for life.
- Better Our World – Future Generations are counting on us to protect their legacy. Whether you want to help save the turtle population, collect data used for important research, learn how ecosystems interact, protect the planet for your children, or all of the above, a Sail Caribbean tropical marine biology camp provides the information, inspiration and challenges to set young people on a course of accomplishment in the world of marine science.