Skip to main content.

Bravo 2 & Charlie 2 2018 Adventures Day 6 – First Dedocking Of Program Went Off Without A Hitch

By wpdev July 24, 2018
written by Provisions Manager, Allie Faulkner
July 20
, 2018

Today we woke up and had a relaxing morning, enjoying a delicious breakfast of loaded scrambled eggs to fuel us through the morning. After cleaning up, the divers headed off to go diving and the rest of us spent the morning getting whipped around with rounds of water sporting. We played games, read some books and splashed around in the water to get our fill of the relaxing morning. As the divers returned home, we enjoyed lunch before performing our habitual pre-departure checks to establish safety and confidence in our day’s voyage.

We headed off to Village Cay for the day where we would be staying on docks for the night. After two very successful and smooth dockings (first of program!), both the Bravo and Charlie boats were ready for their stay. After a very detailed cleaning and another cleaning inspection, we all got our phones back to call home to loved ones to fill them in on our time here together. After a quick chat with our families, we turned our phones back in and explored the marina a bit while also mingling among the other crews on our fleet. More provisioning arrived to be added to our floating vessels, and we were pleased to see our student crews eager to help out with the task at hand.

Dinner was sizzlin’ fajitas, which were a huge hit and got gobbled up very quickly. We then cleaned up and got ready to have a social on the docks. Sodas were sipped, laughs were plentiful as we all socialized with each other under the stars. Power down came easy as our eyes became heavy and we welcomed the comfort of our beds for the night to rest up for another full day.

The greatest challenge during the program was staying entertained during the quarantine period. Not being able to leave your boat and not having a phone, which was a crutch against boredom, it was difficult at first to stay entertained.